Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

What's a reasonable payment for a relative to watch your child full time? ?

I'm basically publically asking this so they can't call me crazy. It's been 7 months, almost 8 and my sister has paid me less than $400 altogether. She's always giving me excuses and runarounds but my mom blew up the engine in my car and my sister has manipulated me ibto being the house slave. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with a baby that's not supposed to be my responsibility. They also ruined my credit and made it to where i will never be able to leave. I am literally trapped and forced to either put up with their ritualistic psychological abuse and gaslighting etc or walk away on foot as a homeless man with no car and not a dollar to his name. I would have to go to a honeless shelter which is a joke, Not safe and not helpful. Work at a temo agency for $7.25/hr and 3-4 days a week if I'm lucky and somehow save enough for a car so that i could live in a car and be able to hopefully get a better job. They've ruined my life and my question basic boils down to "Is less than $500 in a 7 month time frame a reasonable amount to pay a relative to watch your child as a full time job? Or am I not crazy and my family is literally sabotaging my life? She's bragging about how she's about to buy her 1st home and talking trash about how "i don't even have a job". This is 100% pure evil and I honestly don't know what to do and I believe they're trying to drive me to suicide. 

You are an adult stop blaming others for your problems. 

• Bishop1 month agoReport

There was recently a young woman who went through not even half as much as me when it comes to the ritualistic psychological abuse and she was aquitted of murder charges against her mother. People see through y'alls evil games. 

Get up early and get out of the house...go and find a better job.  If you are out of the house before they even wake up...tough to say you are lazy and tough to make you watch their kid.  

• Bishop1 month agoReport

If you read the post i made it clear i am in the middle of nowhere. There's nowhere to walk to. 

Your relatives are taking advantage of you and you are letting them

You talk about them 'ruining your life'.... you did that by the way you dealt with the situation, they only helped you along the way

Start with getting a full-time job - any job, just get one and get out of the house all day

Lets start with your sister - stop child minding for her until she pays more money.  Tell her your rate for child sitting and she has two choices - pay it or find someone else

Credit - how they ruin that unless you let them? If you didn't let them, report things as fraudulent charges 

Car - if a car is maintained and running OK, then its pretty hard to blow up an engine.  How do know that the engine wasn't just going to blow up anyway and it was mom that happened to be driving it at the time.  

Reading your post, it does seem that you have 'issues' though and that you probably need professional help.  Would talking to your doctor help ?

• Bishop1 month agoReport

My car was blown up. She didn't pay the bills. I can't pay any bills because i have been very strategically trapped in the middle of nowhere. Read before you comment.

• audrey

Just stop. The next time your sister walks IN the door, you walk OUT! And stay out. Being homeless is better than what's been done to you.

• Bishop1 month agoReport

I was thinking about hitchhiking into the city and sleeping outside the temp agency office until i earn enough for a car and just live in the car....But I should probably wait until winter is over at least because I'm too skinny to sleep in the cold

• Petter

Why you even ask? You know it isn't reasonable. Just stop doing it.

• Casey Y

Sounds like you are blaming others for your misfortune...thats my honest assessment here.  It was your car...why didnt you get the oil changed?  It was your car loan...why didnt you pay the bills?  They didnt ruin your credit...you got a car loan you obviously couldnt afford...