Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

help my friend !!?

My friend is freaking out due to the fact that she is 24 weeks pregnant and has been completely sober , but decided to snort a .5 of cocaine only once at 24 weeks . She is wondering if 

1. Will it hurt the baby 2. When she pees for the doctor in 5 days will it show up that she has done that .5 .3. When the baby is born if she doesn’t participate in anything like that again will they detect that .5 in the baby . I had no answers for her but I told her we could find out together without looking like a terrible person . Any info would help ! Thanks . 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

you snorted that coke didn't you love

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 months ago

Using cocaine while pregnant can severely damage the fetus, and terminate the pregnancy.

• 4 months ago

Nice of your friend to freak out after the fact.  Where was her conscience when she actually snorted the cocaine?  Duh, of course it can hurt the baby.  The immediate issue would be decreased blood flow to the uterus, which can impact the baby's development.  As for long term, depends on how much the baby got (she does realize that if it goes in her bloodstream, it also goes in the baby's bloodstream, I hope). God willing, it will show up on this test so they can open a CPS case and investigate once the baby is born.  

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

if she's so concerned, why didn't she consider this before?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

"After the mother uses cocaine, by-products can be found for 30 hours in the urine of the pregnant woman, and for 2-4 days in the newborn."

Whatever circumstances led her to believe that snorting cocaine was a good idea, she *really* needs to address this before she risks the life and safety of herself and her child again.

• destiny4 months agoReport

Is that 2-4 days after it’s born or while it’s in the womb? 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can’t be pregnant for 24 months, are you ok

• destiny4 months agoReport

It says 24 weeks . And all is well actually ? But ok thx for ur answer 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.