Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Memory loss, epilepsy and seizure? ?

Do seizure or epilepsy cause memory loss? Iam havung hard time not remembering things, even when im talking with a friend and i just forget what she says a few seconds ago. I have a history of seizure and epilepsy, and im taking medication for it. Which is lamotrigine. Or is it the medication lamotrigine that cause memory loss? Its really affecting my daily life. Evey second im forgetting things and i feel frustrated . 

I'm sorry that you're having such a difficult time.  If you have a board-certified neurologist, such as for the seizure disorder, please talk with him or her about that.  I hope that you get some answers, especially from an epilepsy specialist.

There are some articles online regarding whether memory can be affected by seizures.  

I don't personally know anything regarding this UK website from the "epilepsy society," but the subject is mentioned (though, *not* in place of talking with a board-certified neurologist):

https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/how-epilepsy-ca...

• LAN

If you honestly had epilepsy then you would have a family doctor.  And if you have a family doctor then why are you asking here instead of him if you want an honest and correct answer.  

Why do idiots post anonymously when that is one of the major warning signs that the question is just a troll by yet another "pity me" hypochondriac.

• LAN

Yes it actually does.  You are obviously just an attention whoring liar who will say anything for pity.   That's why you post anonymously so people will not see that this kind of mindless idiocy is all you post.  Feel free to prove me wrong by making all of your childish rants visible.