Will I get a refund for an item I bought on Ebay?

It's for a 'no-drill-required' shower curtain rod, but it's impossible to put together, having followed the instructions. Apparently others have said the same about the product on review sites. What are my chances of getting a refund? I spent over 2 hours trying to fix it together. I've kept all the parts and packaging.

The product is just sitting there and I'm unable to do anything with it.

• Ana

If you mail everything back the same way you found it, you should be able to get a refund

Your issue is with the manufacturer, not the eBay seller. If you knew from negative reviews available online that there were issues, why did you buy it? What? You didn't seek out reviews until AFTER you bought it?

That's not the seller's fault, that's your fault.

• Maxi

You contact the seller and ask for your money back and return the product ... if you get no reply you contact EBAY.....if you go on the website it gives you all the instructions about how to do it