Ray asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Can you get emotional if you're thinking logically or emotional renders logical thinking impossible?

Depends. It is sometimes impossible to be logical if the problem is personal. We can look at other peoples problems and can make rational logic choices for them, but when it comes to personal, we can not stay objective at all times. You really need to step back and close your heart to the emotions before making decisions that are right.

• Ray1 month agoReport

That's a major thing. I'm always emotional I have not been very successful at identifying when I'm logical.

As far as decision-making is concerned, emotions are very essential in choosing logical decisions, the point of preference is almost often based on emotion. We talk about decisions that seem to feel right. When logical decisions are wrong, we often feel that this is the case. Emotions are indeed signals from the subconscious that tell us a lot about what we really choose. Emotions often flow from the subconscious, which makes it even more likely that actions have a strong emotional impact. 

• Emotion can tell you what you want and what you don't want. These days I am learning to differentiate between a feeling of what I want to the actual probabilities that are being drifted my way, the logic of the matters/circumstances/events/goals. One can reason with emotion, it just helps sometimes to put it aside so your false assumptions don't interfere with your plans, making you mistaken.