Where do you get the pine cones from?

I know that you can eat, and cook them... And I watched so many examples of it... so can you just cook or eat them raw?

It makes a great jam, I heard.

The green cones, not the seeds 

In the early spring, when the ghost pines are putting their cones on, we often pick the green ones before they open up and roast them for a little while in a fire outside. We remove them from the coals, and let them cool down. Now, we peel off the burned outer part of the cone exposing the pale sweet edible interior. It tastes like a big pine nut but without the shell. We call it La'up.

Source(s): anonymous ndn

pine cones come from pine trees and only the pine nuts in them are edible.

I think you are confusing pine cone with pineapples, the latter is a delicious tropical fruit. Theformer are woody and inedible, although some speices the seeds within the cones can be eaten, and are known as pine nuts.

I have a pine tree in the front yard and I just eat them raw. saves time and energy

The trees . . . . . . . . .