If this happens, why do I feel ugly and I’m so hard on myself? ?

So I get told often that I’m attractive, but 80% of the time, I feel ugly as crap. Strangers, men and women will often come up to me and say I’m pretty or randomly say it in some context. Does this usually happen to people? Im going to guess not, but if I really am attractive, why do I not think so? Is it cause I’m used to my face and see all my flaws? 

You may be lucky enough to have one or two or three genuine friends, people who 'get' you and you don't have to be careful what you say to them.  One thing real friends do for you is to hold up a mirror, to show you what you're like.  If you are pretty to them, then you're pretty.  How you look to yourself is pretty irrelevant, isn't it? 

People don't see your flaws as you do.  They're more likely to overlook them if the overall picture is nice.

So when someone says you're pretty you should smile and say 'Thanks!'  And then the conversation will automatically move to the next subject.