Is there any way to get rid of a blister on the foot quickly?

I went for a long walk today and got a blister on my foot partly because i am not very fit and my feet have become soft from lack of walking. I want to go for another walk tomorrow, nothing serious, maybe 2 miles or so. Is there any way to treat the blister so that walking doesnt make it worse? Or will i just have to wait for another day to excercise? It's not infected or even particularly sore, i just dont want to make it worse.

They actually make blister bandaids. I went to Disney world and had on flip flops and my feet got wer... Rubber, toe thongs and wet feet? Blisters galore. I just use bandaids and they never get any worse. Maybe an extra sock for more cushioning? 

• I didnt know they made special plasters for blisters, i will buy some tomorrow. The extra sock is an excellent idea. I'll do that. 

I have had that problem. I used a pin to prick the blister, and then sqeezed all the fluid out and put a band aid on it the next day so I could walk. 

• I think mine burst during the walk.