promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Would insurance be quite high on a 2004 Mercedes? (i'm a 19 year old man) ?

I'm looking into getting a new car but worried the insurance will be really high. I don't pay much currently as I drive a 02 civic. My friend's insurance is high because she drives a 2014 car, but if it's an old "nicer" car, would insurance still be high? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, because if an accident were to happen, repair costs for European cars would be pretty expensive as well as all the labor costs insurance needs to pay for the shop. German car mechanics and autobody rates are expensive.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

At 19 ALL insurance will be expensive.

I drive a MB and my premiums are high!  Yours is 16 years old.  Are you asking about collision or liability or both?

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Check with your agent, he/she can give you exact numbers.

• 1 month ago

Yes it will be high.  And by high, I mean somewhere between that's ridiculous and holy Jesus Christ are you kidding me.

Not because it's a Mercedes, though they do cost more to insure than an average Honda or Toyota.  No, you'll pay high insurance prices because you're 19, because you're newly licensed and because you have testicles.  Those are the factors that will hurt your wallet.

19 might be legally an adult, it might be old enough to vote and it's definitely old enough to buy smokes and beer in Ontario, but you're still a child as far as any insurance company is concerned.  To an insurance company, you're barely old enough to go to the bathroom by yourself.  

And you're inexperienced.  You're thinking you've seen it all on the road at your age, but in reality you're still a learner.  Insurance companies don't consider you an experienced driver until you've passed the five, six and ten year accident-free levels.  Lots of people have been driving longer than you've been breathing, and even they pay a lot for auto insurance.

And then there's the testicles thing, which totally matters at your age.  Girls drive with their emotions, and emotions can be very dangerous.  But boys drive with their testicles, and testicles are always very dangerous.  Every time you read a news report about a car full of kids who died trying to beat a speeding train to a crossing, how old was the teenage driver and how many balls did he have before the crash?  You can say it, we all already know.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call around and see what insurance will cost you.

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Insurance on A '04 Mercedes would likely be higher than on a '02 Civic but nobody here can possibly tell you how much higher. Only *you* would be able to tell by getting quotes from insurance companies. Keep in mind that although the Year, make and model of the car matter some as to insurance costs, many other factors count much more; such as your age, marital status, driving record, insurance record, credit score, where you live, where you drive, what you use the car for and on and on

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would depend on the model you're asking about.  A SL55 will cost more to insure compared to a C240 4Matic.

The only thing you'll get from Y!A users are guesses.  Contact your insurance company for a definitive answer.

• 1 month ago

A Mercedes what? different models will incur different insurance rates.

For a 19 year old most of these rates will be higher than for some cheaper makes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.  Just phone a few insurance companies to get a quote.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.