Journal/Book Lock?

I've been searching and searching for what type of lock this is with no luck. Does anyone know? The closest I've gotten is that it looks to be some sort of hasp lock. I'm trying to find a specific name for this lock. Any help pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated!

It's just a hasp lock with a key. There's nothing unusual about it, the plates are simply sewn in place instead of being nailed or riveted (the stitching makes the x design). I have no idea where you can find one. This lock would work just as well on a flat surface, like the top of the book, or on the edge of a box.

• Eleanor1 month agoReport

Thank you. That's pretty much what I found out, but couldn't find a hasp lock that looked similar to this one. So I didn't know if this style had a more specific name. 

• Marli

Dewey Decimal 683.3

Library of Congress Subject Headings:

Locks and keys.

Locksmithing.

I don't know the name either. I think that it is called a "clasp" lock because of one part is inserted and held in the "grasp" of the other like one hand clasped around the other. Something like a clasp on a women's handbag or a seatbelt clasp

What does that have to do with Books and Authors?

• Eleanor1 month agoReport

It's a book lock. Yahoo automatically put it in this section and after looking at the categories, I couldn't find a better one.