Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 months ago

Should I talk to my son about what he said about me?

My teenage step son likes to have his friends over to hang out with him. One time he did this I overheard him tell his friends “I will introduce you to my beautiful, hot, sexy mom”. “I am very proud of her”. I am not sure that is something he should be saying about his mom.

Should I talk to him about that not being something appropriate to say about his mom or just take it as a compliment and forget about it?

He's a young man and full of young men thoughts, and yes, even may have a crush on his step mother. he wants to show you off to his mates but isn't mature enough in what he says to them.

He may secretly have a crush on you because you are a sexy woman in his eyes and never reject him as a loving step Mum.

It is a compliment what he said but he doesn't understand that he shouldn't talk about you like that.

The most important thing is that you are not his mum, you are a woman he is attracted to, and he's a teenager.

Be prepared for one day he may make a pass at you, he has urges that he may not be able to control, so let him down gently and explain. good luck

• Edna

Your step-son might not have been referring to his biological mom; he might have been referring to you.

Either way - forget about it. He meant it as a compliment, whichever one of you he was referring to.

i would just take it as a compliment

I wouldn't approach him about it unless he says it again. But he obviously is attracted to you, and as a teen he may be interested in other ways. Ignore it for now, but if he starts acting weird around you, make it a point that you are his step mother and parent and treat him like a son nothing else.

You should absolutely speak to him. I wish you would have said how old he was (because this matters when deciding how weird this is). 

Firstly, if he's young he has probably just overheard those words (hot, sexy) being said and thinks it's cool to say. You can have a word with him in a very casual way and just explain to him that that is not the way you speak about your relatives and tell him the real context that is usually said in. He probably just never really got that before.

• Edna

She said he was a teenager.

Scold him about what he has said. Your son have no manners at all, one day he will call other moms as "sexy". Please don't be a soft parent. Better be strict with him.

Hahaha. It's just a random line..

Don't have to.. It's just like saying this is my wise, handsome son, or the best son in the world. It's just a line which you won't be keep emphasising on how great or wise or really handsome to the best of the world.

Sometimes people do have this extra emphasis or playing with words meant for some people to hear base on the situation, not to be taken personally. It is most likely someone told him that sentence, and he wants to experience what's the feeling of saying in such a situation and what is the outcome. I mean I went through before and tried talking lots of nonsense, whether is it to make the situation worse or uplift the situation or saying out my mind or trying out things. The feeling of not holding back because we know once we are adults we have to be responsible.But teenagers have forgiveness, and the hormones aren't helping, the changes in the body, the changes in friends also isn't helping, it seems everyone needs help, that feeling.

Well although it might sound flattering on the surface you really need to have a little talk with your teenage son if he's calling you hot and sexy he's thinking about you and the wrong way you're his mother tell him what I'm flattered you should not be thinking of me as hot and sexy I'm your mother you shouldn't have sexual thoughts about me

• Edna

She said she thinks her stepson was referring to his biological mother - not her.

Yes.  If you are not trolling, tell him that's a very inappropriate thing to say and to please not do it again. 

If my brother said that about my mother he would get a beating of a lifetime for being disrespectful. I say talk to him