Spidey asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Do I have a shot at winning the starting job?

I'll be a senior, and I've never played organized football before, but im pretty good, and I wanna play in the secondary, which has some vacancies, and my school sucks at football

i dont see why not

You really only have a shot if you are the correct height and weight.  You'd better ask around to make sure you qualify.

• Spidey1 month agoReport

Im 5'6 and 130, but I'm growing an most of the corners are that size

• Daddio

Everyone has a shot but given your info...not likely unless you are very fast and have a good vertical 

Very unlikely.  You can contribute to the team in other ways though.  Cleaning toilets for example.

I highly encourage you to join your high school football team this upcoming season. It will still not (yet) be too late for you to start playing organized football.

Remember, the best way to prove yourself is through actions, not words. My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do during the next 6 months is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of earning a starting position on your high school football team this upcoming season, as well as go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football during this upcoming season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.