aiste asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Native speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I am not an English speaker and I need to translate employee instructions into English. How could I make these sentences sound more natural?

The respirator ensures adequate respiratory protection only when it is properly placed.

The respirator must fit tightly against the face.

After putting on a respirator, check if the straps fit tightly against the face.

• Dave

"The respirator ensures adequate respiratory protection only when it is properly positioned.

After putting on a respirator, check to see that the straps hold the respirator snugly against the face."   (Those are more stylistic changes than anything else, but there is no doubt about what you want in the instructions for use just by varying the vocabulary a little bit.) 

Source(s): native AmE

After putting on a respirator, check to make sure the straps fit tightly against the face.

it sounds okay to me

Yes, I "could". You "should" work on asking better questions than this binary yes/no crap.