promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If you live in California or are at least familiar with Assembly Bill 392, what is your opinion on this legislation?

Assembly Bill 392 was passed by Shirley Weber and signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom in August 2019. This bill limits the use of deadly force by police from when it is “ reasonable “ to “necessary”. This bill makes it easier for DA’s and police agencies to convict officers of unnecessary shootings. California places 3rd place in the US when it comes to civilians shooting officers but California takes the lead when it comes to police officers shooting civilians in which half of them are unarmed. Many families especially supporters of Stephon Clark who was shot on March 18, 2018 while he was unarmed are actually greatful that this bill passed. But that was just one side, many families especially those of fallen officers fear this legislation will make officers fear for their lives. What is your opinion on this legislation that was signed in 2019 and is now in effect in 2020 ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

My opinion is that a state with 150K+ homeless, billions in unfunded public pension liabilities and no water storage infrastructure to speak of despite existing in a desert (and commanding the highest local taxes in the nation) probably has bigger things to worry about.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't live in Cali  but I think it's Great.

Sure, another restriction on officers,but,if there wasn't a Problem, this bill  would be stillborn.Fact there was/is and many laud it shows it's necessary. Cops wil ALWAYS Bitc*  about more laws, restrictions, but the body cam bills  payed off. 

I rode  to our Capitol last week, talked to reps about reducing registration fees and anti-profiling bills for motorcyclists. Everything needs checks/balances, and floors/ceilings.The "Bandidos" in TX are pulled over, cuffed, stuffed, just for Wearing colors. Has to Stop, somewhere. 

PS: Trump was in Phoenix also but I didn't wait until 7  to see him.Rode  home. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Leftist policies end up with good people getting DEAD. Nuff said...

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

'California takes the lead when it comes to police officers shooting civilians in which half of them are unarmed. Many families especially supporters of Stephon Clark who was shot on March 18, 2018 while he was unarmed are actually greatful that this bill passed."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.