Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 months ago

Is it considered a bad thing to dress "better" (more formal) than your teachers?

(If you see same question, I deleted them due to submitting too quickly)

Obviously, it might be a bit odd if you are a high schooler, but this is a college for students over 20 to mid 30s, so sometimes students are older than the teachers.

Ive never been a "casual" dresser and while we dont have any dress code , teachers dont really dress up and I dont like wearing jeans or leggings nor do I dress "party" dress up either. Some similarity to "business casual" like dresspants, blouse and cardigan or a pencil skirt with turtlenecks. Sometimes ive an urge to wear a pantsuits/matching skirt sets,because I love the look, but always hesitate due to "overdressing your teachers"part .

Like, being mistaken for a teacher when you are no longer a teen, is that even a bad thing?

I know these kinds of clothing might look a bit mature and simple, but i tends to accessorize them (to the point where they dont look too business-y. My style combine classic tailoring with punk/goth elements, like long leather pencil skirts with ankle booties, bustier tops over blouses as vests etc) and honestly i dont looking older as Ive a babyface. 😂

No one is going to care unless you show up in white tie.

That is a bad thing in a government school.

i dont think so

i wouldnt care how they dress as long as theyre nice to me