Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Should I start going out on dates with other men so my husband can stop taking me from granted and start to appreciate me?

My husband isn't romantic at all in fact he never does anything special for me ever. I had this entire night that I was going to cater to him and make him feel so special but after him going off on me about basically nothing I'm turned off from him and the romantic night I had planned. He tends to argue me down about everything and nothing. For example I can say the sky is blue and he can say no it's red!! He has to be right about everything or else he loses his mind and in sick of it. In sick of always being told my opinion is wrong. I'm working on a buisness and I told him that my friends say I'll become a millionaire and he argued me down about that saying I'm not and getting mad at me because of that. We argue all the time at the grocery store about food because he wants to live off just rice and beans and I said we need feuirs and vegetables as well. I'm going through depression right now and have been taking medicine for it and he said depression isn't a real mental illness. He said I can stop myself from being depressed. He said anxiety and depression aren't mental illnesses. He said only bipolar and stuff like that is. It's crazy that when I pulled away because I'm tired of trying to make this marriage work he all of a sudden acts like he cares. I was on the phone with a male friend who I confide in now since my husband refused to listen to me now all of a sudden my husband wants to buy flowers. Why does my husband not care unless he sees another man has my attten

Just the other day he was trying to break up with me because I told him don't get comfortable and stop putting in effort. Now he's all like " i want us to work I don't want us to drift away

I don't know what the hell is wrong with him but I'm sick of these on again off again feelings 

If you're 14 years-old that would be completely in keeping with your level of maturity. Sure. But it you're trying to hasten a divorce so you'll be forced to go get a job instead of growing a business cheating on your husband would be a good way to fast track that.

the whole bs thing written by a male pretending to be a woman...dude, you are fooling no one

I agree with your husband that anxiety and depression are not real illnesses and u can snap yourself out of it. second - it takes 2 to argue. if I said the sky is blue and my husband said no it is red I would say whatever and move on. who argues about such stupidity? u should change your outlook on life, each individual is a maker of his own happiness. if u re unhappy and depressed it is your own fault

• rick

Why not have an affair. Most women don't even need that much of an excuse.

Troll smarter, not harder.