Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

I’m so stressed out and nervous, any advice?

Warning: I’m stupid

I used to have a job that paid me well but I quit it because it stressed me out too much. Now i’m jobless and leaching off my mom. I have to pay a few bills and the very little money I have is depleting. 

The issue is that my I have pretty terrible anxiety (I’m a snowflake, I know) that was the main reason I quit my last job. My confidence in working has been destroyed. On top if me being afraid of going back to the working world, the only jobs that will hire me are crappy fast food/retail jobs that will just give me crippling anxiety all over again. 

I need to get re employed again before my hefty car insurance bill comes in in July and bankrupts me. 

Do you have any advice?

Anxiety can definitely eat at your confidence. It can be debilitating! I suggest talking to your doctor or a close friend about your worries. Don't be ashamed to get prescription help if you need it. Living life with anxiety like this makes every single day a struggle. Life is hard enough and unfortunately stress and anxiety is a very real part of it. This world has a tendency to kick us when we are down. But there is always hope and help. There are jobs out there that require little human interaction if you would prefer it, you just have to search them out. Don't let this dictate how you live your life. I am uploading two articles. The first talks about how to deal emotionally with a job. The second is specific to anxiety. I hope they help you feel better and that you overcome all of your obstacles!

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201409/jo...

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as...

It's not just you everyone hates their job and anyone would be stressed out in your situation perfectly normal in this day and age.

• audrey

Try being a grown up. Every one has problems. We all have to force ourselves to do things we don't want to do. Quit leeching off your poor mom.

maybe you should get some counseling,it might help you out

Assuming this isn't made up, you have to face your anxiety by either getting help from a professional in the medical department or putting yourself in those stressful situations and face your fears.

I currently don't have a job because I'm scared of change and putting myself into a stressful environment full of people. I have social Anxiety and everyday I fear of getting judged and laughed at. I avoid anything that makes me anxious because that's what we all do right? avoiding anything that makes you uncomfortable. If you can't move forward past your fears then it will only get worse. You can do it.

• Manko1 month agoReport

I just remember coming home crying because I was so anxious and frustrated 

Your Mom should kick you out.  A few months of living in a cardboard box under a bridge waiting for spring should help focus your mind.

Sounds like a pretty good troll attempt. A vivid imagination.