My fridge isn't working, how do I sign up for the extended warranty after having it for a year?

You are on the short end of the stick when you purchase extended warranties or appliance insurance. Always remember that companies that sell such policies are making money off you. Your best bet is to buy a new fridge and recycle the old one. The delivery people will take your old machine away. The typical life of such an appliance is 12 years so it becomes a judgement call. 

• Willie

Too late because they can tell how long it has been broken.

am thinking the normal warranty should cover 1 year.  Ask and find out.  My fridge is going on 45 years so it is not something that should break down.    Check your breakers - flip them off and flip them on.  Maybe a breaker tripped off?

you can't start a warranty on something that's already broken; nobody will cover existing faults.

• y

Many of the major brands have a place on their websites were they will gladly take your money.

I would first take the time to research your particular model to see what common issues there have been, it takes some time and many of the tech sheets. Are not open to the general public.

That way you may be able to figure out what the issue is and then see if it will even be covered under the extended warranty, before you spend your money on it.

• Tavy

You don't, you should have done this when you bought it.

Good luck Skippy

Source(s): G

You cant.  They only offer extended warranties when units are brand new.