promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

If this is true that roads were first built for cyclists?

he first paved roads ( League of American Wheelmen in that day. https://roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/the-petition-... ..then I think its fair that THOSE roads (if in original condition)  should be for the exclusive use of cyclists. However if there are roads built after this time for motor cars, then shouldn't they have priority. ? Beep beep out of my way I am a motorist!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

According to your link, the "Good Roads" movement was started in 1880 by cyclists.  That does not mean roads were built for cyclists.  When motorized vehicles came along, they also petitioned for better roads.  Neither group can claim roads were built exclusively for them.

• Carlos
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

cool

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Carlos
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

I love the best answer on here but I have to add the first roads was actually built for horse and buggy travels and for ancient soldiers to travel quickly to battles

• 4 weeks ago

Roads were built to benefit everyone: pedestrians, horses, carts & wagons... When bicycles were invented, they started using the roads too. Later, when cars started appearing, they too were allowed to use the roads. Today, cars are the majority users of the roads, but it is still inaccurate to imply that the roads were built for their benefit. Everyone who pays taxes, pays for roads; and that everyone is allowed to use them.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

yes.........................................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I hate cyclist.

• Jib Jab
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

And your point is?  

• 1 month ago

You own a car - NOT THE FRIGGIN' ROAD!  And before you even start on that BS about gasoline tax, road use tax, etc. - any person who pays taxes pays for roads.  https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2015/05/deb...

NO ONE has "priority".  First come - first served.  If you don't like a cyclist being in front of you, put on a turn signal, wait until it's clear & PASS.  Damn...is that so hard?  What about either a regular bus or a school bus stopping to pick up or drop off passengers?  Ban them too?  Or that farm tractor or Amish horse & buggy I previously brought up in another answer.  Don't they have the right of getting from point A to point B and back again too?  

Take your "beep-beep" and shove it up your @ss.  

Attachment image
    • Carlos
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

a picture word a lot of words sure 

• 1 month ago

In the USA even anonymous trolls have a right to their opinion.  If you feel cyclist shouldn't be on the public roadways.  Then petition your local representatives to propose bills to change laws which ban cyclist from the public roadways.  

However until such laws are implemented even anonymous trolls are expected to obey the current traffic laws which allow cyclist to use the public roadways. 

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • 1 month ago

So the Romans built roads everywhere because they all had bikes?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.