Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Seems to me like Harry and Meghan have been making thinly veiled swipes at the Royal family?

I mean, Meghan announced her pregnancy at Eugenie’s wedding reception. Why??? Did she have a bone to pick with Eugenie? When interviewed on TV, Meghan said that not many people have asked her if she’s ok. Their recent statement on their website seem to have taken some thinly veiled swipes at the royal family too. 

I think they’re complainers. I can have sympathy for them, to a point. I don’t know what it’s like to lose a parent. Or to be forced to live in the spotlight. But I don’t know what it’s like to have the level of assistance they have, or a gigantic house. Or be able to go here and there whenever I want. 

I think all of what you have said - the same.   But this really is more of a rant, even if correct for the most part.

• Kathryn1 month agoReport

It is. I just had to get it out of my system.

• Clo

They are complaining--it is not thinly-veiled swipes, but outright complaints.

• I would disagree that their swipes at the Royal family have been veiled. They seem pretty obvious to me - as has been the vitriol with which the Palace has responded.

• Alan H

In the wider scheme of things, does it really matter?    The entire lot can go if they wish

I think the best thing they could have done was step back from the royal family, given that they are clearly unhappy. I wouldn't attach too much importance to all the media attention and speculation. I have less sympathy with someone like Princess Margaret who didn't want to give up her position and then complained about it ever after.

Be very careful of meghan she is one of those.

It seems to me that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about

Because Eugenie isn’t really a princess and don’t deserve the royal treatment if you look at the line of succession. Isn’t she like 9th or 10th in line. Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry, Archie, Andrew, Beatrice (or is that Eugenie).