Jake asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

I think someone lives in my house. ?

I live with my mom, dad and my older sister. We have this family joke that a man lives with us in the basement because over the years our belongings have gone missing, cups fall in the kitchen in the middle of the night and etc. We joke that he’s nice because he hasn’t killed us yet and he cleans up after himself but lately our toilet paper has been used more and (we buy in bulk) some of the rolls have gone missing. We come home and there’s a conditioner bottle open on the sink that was in the closet, extra used barn of soap in shower. my bag of lemons in the fridge and our blender cups have gone missing. We have a pretty tight security system with cameras, never seen anything. we’re friends with all of our neighbors, and it’s not alarming because electronics and money aren’t being taken but it strikes me odd. I can’t come up with any explanation. 

I highly doubt it, lets review the clues

1- No alarm going off

2- Nobody has ever seen this person

3- Lights not on

4- Neighbours have never seen a random person enter or leave your house

I would say you have a ghost.

it could just be your sister taking all that stuff

Sometimes  Pearl will sneak into peoples houses and raid the refrigerator and

other things like toilet paper and jewelry that belongs to other people.

She is very sneaky and has a severe mental condition. Do not confront her

because she is dangerous   and if she bites you you will get Rabies. She

loves to bite people.

You shower in the barn?

Install more cameras.

Is this tied to your other question, "What about the brain makes me not remember ..."

Set up cameras in weird areas like the fridge and the basement door. Anywhere that the person might be. Write down any changes in a journal, or find a way to keep track of them. If it keeps happening or you see something unusual on the cameras, go to the police.

My first thing would be to change all the locks, or add deadbolts to the doors. Check all windows and make sure everything is secure. You want to make sure that theres no way the windows can be Jimmy'd open (use the window, lock it and push up to make sure its secure) and doors cant easily be picked (hence a new lock or added deadbolt). Then, I would call the local police station and request a k9 security sweep of the house. They will absolutely do that if you think someone could be intruding /squatting in your house due to things going missing and being used. After the police give it the all clear, start locking windows and dead bolting doors to secure your house so no one can get inside from the outside. 

If things STILL go missing, it might be a paranormal instance and I'd set up cameras in various locations to see if you can get anything on camera. You dont need super duper expensive ones, just ones that can see in the dark, a set of 4 is like 60-80 bucks.

I've heard of instances where people legit squat in basements of peoples homes because they're hardly ever down there and they'd know when people leave, so the house is clear for them to go up stairs and take what they need.

Meth and other illegal drugs will cause that delusion.

If you have cameras then it should have captured it. Or else it’s not possible for it to happen. Make sure your surveillance cameras at home can see in those places in the house where there is always this activity happening, and record it. It might be expensive but if I was in your place I would find it worth it because it sounds really fishy.  I don’t believe in supernatural spirit things in this way especially poltergeist activities, but you never know. This is really fishy.