Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is my weight a contributing factor the reason I’m single? ?

I’m a 23 year old female. I’m 5 foot 6 and weigh 275lbs. I’ve never once been in a relationship and have been around this weight for a long time. Is it because I’m too fat that people don’t wanna be with me? Be truthful, please. 

It's hard to say. I think there is someone out there for everyone, it's just about finding them. 

But you have to love yourself first before someone else can love you.

My wife is 5-foot-3 and 280 pounds. At our wedding she was closer to 310. I have always thought she is very beautiful, and I do not have a fetish. It's important to find the right guy.

This is such a tough question without knowing your personality.  At one point in my life I was nearly 375lbs at 5'10'' but I was in a good relationship with a guy who wasn't like a fat fetishist.  I was always confident in my thoughts, dressed in a way that was flattering, and had what most people considered a good personality.  I then decided I wanted to be healthier and went on a strict diet and workout routine and lost over 200lbs.  That relationship did not end up working out, but I never lacked attention from men based upon my weight changes.  So, to me it has less to do with weight and more based upon how you carry yourself.  If you want to make changes in your life for yourself to make you a better version of you then that is a great thing.  But you don't have to change to find a partner.  Because deep down you're still the same person whether you're 120lbs or 275.  Best of luck. :)

• onthe454 weeks agoReport

Not being rude but if u were 375 pounds u must have been vast. And again not being rude but I'm surprised u had any attention from men at that weight regardless of how good your personality is. But still good on u for losing 200 pounds!

I would say yes but only because the way we look can really help or hinder our self confidence. If you're not confident it shows in the way you dress, the way you talk, the way act etc. confidence is something that people can tell right away if you have it or not. It's one of the things that shows the most. But if you're unhappy with your weight just change it. Eat healthy and limit junk food. Take care of yourself and don't let yourself get off track. If you do don't beat yourself up because nothing productive will come from that just consider it a lesson learned and move on. Also be consistent when working out because it's one of the things that will keep you going towards your goal.

Hell to the f**k YES it is! No man wants to have sex with a hippopotamus. 

• .

We don't know you or the people who know you. Only people who know you can say why they aren't interested in dating you. While your weight may be a contributing factor, there are PLENTY of very overweight men and women who get into loving relationships. Not every heavy person you see in a relationship was an average or slim weight when they met their partner. Lots of people who are already overweight start relationships and even end up marrying. However, being 275 at your height is not good for your body/healthy so it would benefit you in many ways to work on getting a lot (or all) of that excess weight off. Your physical condition would improve, you'd reduce the chances of certain health issues, your self esteem would improve, and you'd be more appealing to others because someone who is confident tends to attract other people (no matter what they look like). 

Source(s): former obese chick

It could be, but they real issue is likely your personality.  You might be a really nice young lady, but if you are heavy and not very outgoing and/or confident (in person, not online), you will probably have a harder time finding someone to be in a relationship with than you would if you were 100 pounds lighter.  In my opinion, you can either start being more outgoing (in person, not online) or loose 100 pounds if you want a better chance at meeting someone. 

image is a big role in relationship because, to be honest, a lot of people look at your appearance before anything. I wouldn't persuade you to try and fit the normal society standards because I'm sure you are beautiful the way you are but if you want to lose weight go for it. But other than that as long as you continue to be confident in who you are and stay true to yourself your partner will soon come along. As well as try dating apps they can help speed the process up!!

It could be, but it's most likely a combination of things. Some people do only care about your physical appearance (stay away from those people, they don't actually love you) but others care about the whole package; attitude, smarts, hygiene, charisma, appearance, confidence, fitness, etc.

It's not a bad thing to be single, don't feel like you have to be in a relationship with someone. If you feel that way you'll never be happy in a relationship. Work on improving yourself and being happy with who you are before worrying about relationships is my advice.

For many people being obese is a turn-off.  But then again there are exceptions.  However the bottom line, pardon the pun, is more about health than looks.  If you don't care about your own health then other people will be less inclined to want to be with you whether or not they are aware of that themselves.  You should lose some fat for your own well being but the nice corollary is that other people will be more likely to be interested in you as well.  Health, confidence and self esteem are all components of attractiveness.