promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do some men question laws advantaging women?

These laws create an equal, level playing field. Aren’t men who question these advantages being misogynists?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Jack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Those men (and women I might add) who "question laws advantaging women" are merely practicing what they preach.  They advocate equality, and that's what they practice.

"These laws create an equal, level playing field."

In what way do state mandated laws that advantage one group over another "create an equal, level playing field?"  You've provided no examples...is that because you realize how ridiculous your statement is?

"Aren’t men who question these advantages being misogynists?"

Well first you'd have to establish that laws that advantage women over men are in fact creating "an equal, level playing field."  Then you'd have to prove that those who question those laws are doing so because they hate women.  

As you've established neither, I have to dismiss your conclusion as nonsense.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Do you think it might be because they've been victimized by such laws with false accusations, one sided legal decisions, manipulations, lies & last by not least by divorces that they did not want.  That being said there are a lot of cases where these laws are the only protection that a women has.  I would also add the in the "battles between the sexes" it's never a level playing field.. Just the way it is & always will be until we all learn to get along in an honest & respectful manner.

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We have had equal rights for some time now, since the sixties. Anything else would not be equal. Giving someone an "advantage" is not creating a level playing field.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fvck u. Hasn’t been a level playing field since brain damaged Reagan passed nation’s first no-fault divorce bill. American men were stripped of their rights decades ago. A*shole.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because it's not fair.  You can't be more fabourable to one gender.  Equality means just that - the same for both sexes and not extra rights for women.

• 1 month ago

Look at what happens to men in states like Massachusetts if they are in divorce court. The women get everything & top dollar child support until the youngest child is 23. Many men are the superior parent but no matter what the women get custody & in many cases the men never get to see their children again.  That is COMPLETELY WRONG.

• Sally
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Because the national debt has skyrocketed since women have been allowed to vote.  Christian morality has declined since women have been allowed to vote.

• 1 month ago

I once saw a cartoon meme to the effect of, in three versions;

One person is given a crate to become tall enough to see over the wall.

One person's section of the wall is made taller than the rest to block them.

In the last, there is no wall.

That also hearkens back to a typical model used for this type of issue where you put heavy chains on the fastest person so they can become equal with the slowest. The issue is are we advancing one party to be the best or slowing down the other to be equal to the worst? I believe most of the time it is the latter.

• 1 month ago

Because laws have done nothing but to degrade men.That is not how you create and or maintain a level playing field.

• 1 month ago

Having an advantage over men is not gender equality.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

JUST the right level of troll.

Maximum squabble, minimum amount of work in the question.

Congratulations.

• MISOA1 month agoReport

i don't think you would say that about MISOA.....i am still there occasionally Elana ....i hope you are well ...from the master grand troll ....and trolling is not a generalization !!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.