Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 month ago

Is 9ft x 11ft bedroom big? ?

I’m moving into a new place soon. The bedroom at the new place is a 9ft by 11ft room. Is that big enough to fit a queen or king bed and still have room? 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

that is a average size 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My bedroom is 10 x 12.  I have a queen-sized bed, and it takes up most of the space.  There is enough room to have a large chest of drawers, a bedside table, a floor lamp, and a small chair.  The bed sits in the middle of the room, so I can arrange the bedding every morning.  It's a tight squeeze.  9 x 11 is even smaller.  If you had a king-size bed, it would fill the entire room.  You can fit a queen-size in, but it will be very snug. 

• 4 weeks ago

sure, if you're a midget

• 4 weeks ago

"We determined that the average standard size bedroom in the United States is 11 feet by 12 feet (132 square feet) and is large enough to accommodate a queen size bed. The average size of a master bedroom was much larger, measuring 14 feet by 16 feet."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

A Queen size bed is 60" wide by 80" long

A King size bed is typically 80" square if it is not an extra long size.

For an 11ft by 9ft room, I would go with the Queen size bed as a King size will limit the arrangement of other furniture you may want to put into the room (chest of drawers, a night stand or two and perhaps a chair)

Also, the layout of the room is important as to furniture/bed placement.  Most times windows or the door or the closet will dictate where furniture can and cannot be placed.

If you get out graph paper and scale out the room, including windows and doors, you can create a floor plan before you even lift a finger to move furniture.  Also, from the graph paper, cut out pieces of paper the scale of your bed and furniture.  This way, you can very easily create the right floor plan prior to moving day.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Queen bed is about 5'Wx6'L   King is 6'x6' APPROX. Draw it out on paper first thinking about door swing too. You will figure out fast where the bed sits. and because you tuck in the sheet around it for 3/4 of it then it sits in one place.  You still can walk past the bed on either side.

• 1 month ago

No, it isn't a big room. It's small. Queen is 5' x 6'8". King is 6'4" x 6'8". Since we have no idea where the door is, or anything else that might affect where the bed can go in the room, you'll have to do the math. Draw it out on paper if you have to. There won't be a lot of room left with either one.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is a tiny bedroom

• 1 month ago

Mine's 12 by 12 and I fit a queen bed with the normal dressers and tv easily. I think you could do a queen with a dresser in a 9 by 11. 

• 1 month ago

The king-size mattress dimensions are 76 inches wide by approximately 80 inches long – about 16 inches wider than a queen.

Such a bedroom is not a bog one. Now, if you have little else in the room other than the big bed, and maybe a pair of small nightstands, it may not feel too cramped.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.