Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why don't Atheists repent to god? Don't they know they will go to hell if they don't?

I am sad for all the atheists on this site who will be cut from Gods Kingdom. Repent, for the end is near

• Ralph

The fact of the matter, they can't because God has cursed them and the only way they can truly become saved is if the Lord Jesus Christ has mercy on some of them and saves some of them by grace, no exceptions.

Did you just recently get snared into the bullsheit you call religion or perhaps you are just always in need of your meds.  Repent to what,  that sick story you were told was true and you can't understand that you were tricked?.  LOL!

• antonius

"How dare you" In your cult that is seen as rude or cursing; don't you know. !  Believing fiction to be real is an old trick found mostly in what you think are religions. LMAO!

I would have to say the reason they don't repent to God is because they are atheist.  The definition of "atheist" is: "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."  Therefore, if they do not believe in the existence of any gods, who would they repent to?

There are around 3000 religions in the world, and all claim to be the right way to get to their respective promised lands or whatever prize there is in the end for them.  Some don't believe in any religion.  Many atheists don't believe because of the lack of physical evidence that God or gods even exist. 

Sure, there's the Bible.  There's also the Book of Mormon, the Tanach, the Mishnah, the Talmud, the Midrash, the Koran, the Hadith, the Sutras, the Vedas, and literally thousands more that claim to some extent to be the right way.  But there is a general lack of physical evidence to prove which text is correct, that any of them are correct, or that all of them are correct.  I've read about aliens and unicorns, too...does that make them real?  Of course not!  People are expected to just simply believe without question, and some religions actually have some sort of punishment for even questioning it. 

Some simply choose not to blindly follow a belief set without physical evidence of the existence of the god or gods. 

Without physical evidence, the idea of God just sounds more like a narcissist who says he loves us, yet would dump us in a lake of fire if we don't constantly apologize for something we did, beg for forgiveness, and admit that we are not worthy of his love while seeing all of the suffering around us (which is usually blamed on the guy who has the lake of fire because God is good).  Which in all honesty, it sounds just like my second marriage.

For the record, I am neither Christian nor atheist.  Just pointing out where the atheists are coming from.

**** off only god can know that

Until credible evidence is provided that justifies the claim that a god exists praying is simply talking to yourself or your imaginary friend and is honestly foolish even if someday some evidence is discovered to justify one of the many god claims that people have invented. On a side note people that think there is a god have been claiming the end is near since the beginning and the claim has been proven false every single time because the end has never came. You would think that people would eventually realize that these claims are just designed to scare people into conforming with a set of demands that someone dreamed up but the delusion is powerful because people are afraid of not knowing and are willing to accept lies that make them feel more comfortable than accepting the truth that we honestly don't know. Hope this helps.

Atheists. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Megumi

Why don't Christians repent to Amaterasu? Don't they know they will go to Yomi if they do not. Repent to Zeus of go to Tartarus. Repent to Odin of go to Niflheim. The End has been near for centuries according to Christians. 

I suggest you find a hobby. You need something else to do rather than be sad about atheists not believing in your fictitious guy in the sky. 

• Leo

Repent to something that doesn't exist?

• Wundt

No, I don't "Know" that.  Neither do you "Know" it is true.  You believe it, and I don't.  I don't believe it because you have yet to provide any reasons for me to believe it... apart from nonsense threats like this one.

In regards to "the end is near," Christians have been making THAT claim for almost 2000 years.  How many times do you need to be wrong before you admit you don't know what you are talking about.

• Wundt

If a Muslim where to ask you to convert because he believes the Koran is the word of God, would you?  Now, explain to me how it is any different than you quoting the Bible at me as 'evidence' for your religion?

Because they believe there are no deities.