shawnn asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Climate change is still a big issue in the world, since change will happen, what is worst heating or cooling, I would say heating is better.?

What ever the cause Climate change is most likely bad, they should be concentrating on finding a new planet to live on that is like earth.

• zipper

Both are bad. But this planet has gone through this many times and we humans had nothing to do about it then.  In this case we may be speeding things up a bit, but this does happen naturally: So the real question is are we in affect causing this or is it just a natural turn of events!

I take it you weren't in Oman last summer when the LOW temperature for the day was 109'F.   Not fun.

• Cowboy

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

I take it you weren't in Oman last summer when the LOW temperature for the day was 109'F. Not fun.

The worst is their carbon taxes and taking your freedoms.

the one thing alarmists can't do is tell you the ideal temperature.  Hell, they can't tell you the ideal anything.

First it's too cold.  Then it's too hot.  Then it's something else.  These people are just malcontents.

It's a big political issue, but not a big scientific issue.  Big difference.

• JimZ

Previous warm periods have always been referred to as Climate Optimums such as the Holocene Optimum.  This isn't an accident or coincidence.  It has been known for centuries that warm periods are associated with prosperity and cold is associated with plague and famine.  Cold tends to be far worse.  Any warming from our CO2 should warm night, winter, and polar temperatures more which means that animals and plants will likely prosper longer.  Increased CO2 will reduce the amount of water that plants need because they can close their stomata sooner.  There are many benefits but since global warming is all about pushing a leftist agenda, they exaggerate the threat and won't talk about potential benefits.  We were already on a warming trend when CO2 was blamed for warming.  We don't know how much of the warming in the last 100 years has been from CO2.  

Heating is worse because cooling is self-limiting and heating leads to positive feedback.