Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 3 months ago

Why do toddlers always throw tantrums when entering establishments like restaurants and doctors?

I always see this happen. What causes the toddler to have a meltdown because they're going somewhere?

• drip

Out of their normal routine. Hungry. Tried. Been dragged out and about for too long. 

They do so because they don't know how to communicate and so they do it by crying. 

Yeah I've noticed that too whenever I take the grandchildren to feed them the minute they get behind the table they start acting like somebody injected them with too much adrenaline

• KaleyK

Children (toddlers) cry as a form of expression.  They lack the communication skills of adults.  That's why we tolerate children crying.  The child you see "melting down" may be tired, or hungry or scared.  The child expresses this by crying.