Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Why do Nintendo fanboys get mad when you call their games kiddy? Why can’t they admit that their games are kiddy?

So I saw this YouTube video where someone was arguing that Nintendo is not for babies due to the mature themes in Zelda majoras mask, but I am confused because that game looks very cartoony and bright. How can a game that is cartoony and colorful be mature? Why do Nintendo fanboys have a hard time saying that what they like is for kids?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

some people just get butthurt a little too easily

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Legend of Zelda is a sweet franchise, but when I was young, I didn't want a SNES, I wanted a Sega Genesis for Mortal Kombat. Lieberman started rating games (Democrat). My parents were told It was bad.

Tipper Gore started the whole "Parental Advisory" deal on music (Democrat).

• 1 month ago

Ever play Conker's Bad Fur-day? It is bright and cartoony. But definitely more suited for a mature audience. 

• 1 month ago

I see someone's never played Mother 3.

Seriously though, it's less for "kids" and more for "all ages." Like a Pixar movie vs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Kids can watch and enjoy Pixar movies, but so can adults.

Also it is extremely close-minded to think that anything bright and colorful is automatically for kids. There's cartoony shows that definitely aren't for kids. South Park comes to mind first. There's even a musical that uses Sesame Street-like puppets called Avenue Q, which is definitely not for kids (look up some of their songs on YouTube some time).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

**** Nintendo, Sega and Sonic are miles better. They do what Nintendon't.

• 1 month ago

Just bc graphics r cartoony doesnt mean its for little kids

• 1 month ago

Many adults started with one of the Nintendo systems, that are now into their late fourties and older. Graphics means nothing, it's about the actual content of the game itself. It's those LIKE YOU, who THINK that YOU WILL DICTATE to others WHAT THEY ARE TO like or NOT like. As far as The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask goes, that was originally released in 2004. So do NOT compare what things looked like in term of graphics from then, to how the graphics looks today. All you've done, and those LIKE YOU, do is make yourselves look like fools, when you use graphics from 2004, and then say that they're garbage, when you use something from today as a comparison, when the technology has advanced significantly.

Since you're showing the think like a child shows, you still must be a child, now start growing up and do some maturing. Otherwise remain for the rest of your life an immature childlike adult that's not able to grow out of being a bully.

Source(s): r3eal adul;twh uhas m c klearly lki vexdc
  • 1 month ago

dont be ageist man. games are for all people, except those teen and up games

• 1 month ago

Ever watched South Park? Or Beavis and Butthead? Those are cartoony and bright, but they sure as hell aren't for kids. 

What about adults going to disneyland to enjoy by themselves? Everyone including that kind of group goes to Disneyland. Is Disney just for kids? 

Nintendo is the kind of thing that is for everyone including both KIDS and ADULTS. Someone can argue that Legend of Zelda is for kids or for adults. They could with any Nintendo games, but it comes down to what each individual LIKES. So whether it's a kiddy game or not, it's for all ages.

It's fine to think that way for YOU. I respect your opinion on this but don't go and ruin someone else's day by calling the kind of video games that they like, a kiddy game. Then we're going to have a problem here. 

• Linus1 month agoReport

Sonic is more mature than Zelda ever was

• 1 month ago

Why can't you admit that they aren't all Kiddy?

They have Doom (2016) on the system, with Doom Eternal coming at a later date.

Doesn't matter what the art style is, you can still have mature games that look cute. Have you seen how Wind Waker ends?  That's just brutal.

You can not like the cute art style.  That's fine.  That's your opinion.  But it's not fine to belittle anyone who does like the art style.

"Modern" looking games end up looking old and outdated in the future.  Games with style will look good at day one and will continue to look good forever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.