Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Does this guy sound like he’s trying or not?

My daughters father lived an hour away and saw his daughter twice a week. He then moved three hours away to “live the way he wants to live”. He pays $100 a week...sometimes. He gets behind because he spends his money in Nike clothes or for example, to go to Mardi Gras. He is constantly shorting me. I would like to file for support but I’m afraid I may get less than what I get now. I work full time and pay for daycare and everything she needs. He works and barely makes it. Suggestions?

• n2mama

You should file for support. If nothing else, you would get consistent payments because it will be taken directly from his check and paid to you. Right now he doesn’t see supporting his child as a necessary thing, so he isn’t focused on doing it. Having a support order changes that to making it not optional. In my state you would get a maximum of 20% of his gross pay (assuming he has no other children he is already supporting).

• A

File anyways, they will make him pay into the state system and he won't get away with late or short payments, they will take it out of his paycheck, In US 1 child usually gets 25% of paycheck