Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If Christianity is the truth then why do they like torturing and killing unbelievers ?

It doesn't seem like the truth would require something like this to me but a lie would.  

We all know about Islam from the news or should unless we are total idiots but back in the day Christianity was the same thing and is in some places (example Brazil) still doing the same thing

I don't, and I don't know anybody who does. Think again, pard, if you are able.

Not everything done in the name of God is condoned by God.

• P.L.

Satan is the real author of questions of this nature. He wants to draw true Christians, and those seeking to know more about Christ, away from the truth. Ask God, in prayer, to help sort out your thoughts on this subject and join a truly bible-believing church.  You'll be welcomes and taught much if you choose your church wisely and attend regularly, listening carefully and asking about anything that you do not understand. That is the purpose of the church.

That is the Vatican, not christianity. 

• Doug

You've been seriously misinformed. I'm a Christian and I don't believe in torturing or killing unbelievers. I don't know any Christians that believe like that either, so your facts are way off. Were there so-called "Christians" in the past who committed atrocities during the Crusades and the Inquisition? Absolutely. Of course, most of those people never actually believed in Jesus Christ for the free gift of eternal life. Catholicism is not biblical Christianity, because Roman Catholics are trying to work their way to heaven rather than resting in the finished work of Jesus Christ on Calvary.

At any rate, my goal is simply to tell people the truth. Every single person will spend eternity in one of two places: heaven or hell. There is only ONE way to heaven, and that is through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you reject Jesus Christ as your Savior, you will suffer eternal conscious torment in a literal fire-burning hell (Rev. 20:15). The most loving thing I can do is share with you how you can know you have eternal life according to God's Word (1 John 5:13).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

The nurse is coming with your meds, dear.

"Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them" (Jeremiah 5:14)!

"...hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19)!

Believers not only torture and kill unbelievers, 

but they also torture and kill believers of other gods.

Moreover, they also torture and kill believers who believe in the same god, but not the same way.

• Jea

Christianity depends on deception to work.

Truth is the last thing they want to see.  It is a violent cult, with a nefarious agenda.

If it was truth its own ten commandments could not be ignored in an all out effort to kill non believers, which is the main message of the bible.