What about the brain makes me not remember password to my account until I actually have to put it in? ?

For example: if someone asked me to write down the password to my bank app write now, I could not. I’d mix up some numbers and letters but once I go to the actual bank app, I unconsciously put my password in without thinking about it so is this because my password hasn’t been stored in my long term memory yet. I’ve had this password for a while.0

• .

That's a good question to post in Psychology. There are definitely times we (humans) find it easier to remember something if we're not focusing on it, than if we are.

.

Move your question to Social Science>Psychology as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Widgets and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited.

Maybe you are malfunctioning.