Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

What are you going to do with your tax refund ?

• Sky

I topped off my "sheisse fund" (that's German; that's my "oh, sh!t" fund for emergencies).  I have to replace my windshield and rear wiper motor.  I have another special project I've been saving money for that I might throw some more money into.  And there are a lot of little things I've been wanting to buy but haven't because I didn't want to spend the money on frivolous expenses.  So many people say, "I don't want to give the government an interest-free loan."  But how much interest are they going to gain by having that money in the bank?  Every place I've looked pays interest at 0.1 to 0.2%, ie. $1-$2 for every $1000.  Whoop-de-doo!  I always take zero exemptions so I have the most taxes taken out so that (1) I am used to that slightly lower take-home pay, making a refund like a nice wad of found money, and (2) it guarantees I never have to pay out anything when I file my taxes.

Pay off credit card debt. 

wine, women, and song ... and the rest I will squander

What refund? I paid $61. I don't give the government interest free loans if I can avoid it.

I dont get one...I do the best I can to avoid overpayment...

What tax refund?

I plan it so that I don't receive a tax refund.   Why would I want to give the government an interest free loan?

• james1 month agoReport

I'm forced because I get bonuses every month

I'm going to be happy that I received all that money last year via my paychecks and avoided giving Uncle Sam a free loan.  

• y

What tax refund? The changes to the tax code that Trump made reduced our tax load but like millions of others, we failed to alter our deductions year round to make up for it. The result last year was breaking even as opposed to a refund. We once again, failed to adjust so this year as opposed to breaking even, I expect to have to pay a little. Don't misunderstand, end result is more in the pocket but I prefer to waste a bit and be owed, as opposed to owe at tax time. But it is not just my income, my numbers that need to be adjusted for that to happen.

• Amy

Lots of people would rather do their saving automatically than have the money sitting in their bank account tempting them to spend it.

• David

Cigarettes and whiskey and wild, wild women!