Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How the heII can I get bubble gum out of my Rough Collie's coat?

My bIoody eight year old neice has covered him in pieces of bubble gum. I've dealt with her - she won't be able to do anything like this again - but how the frigging jazz do I get my dog's freaking coat fixed?  Hurry up and answer!

Get him a buzz cut down to the skin and let it grow back out again. Like shearing a sheep.

You sound fun. I bet you're fun at parties.

• Raven

I hope you were nice to your niece. You sound kind of overbearing, imo

Liquid paraffin from your local chemist will do the job admirably without hurting the dogs skin... DO NOT use heating paraffin though; because that will burn the dogs skin.

From Dog.com

"Chewing GumIf gum is stuck on the outside hairs or topcoat, apply ice cubes to the area in order to freeze it. Once frozen, you can break the gum into pieces and pull it out gently.However, if the gum has been pressed in further, it is a little more complicated. Creamy peanut butter works well on deep-seated gum; the oil in the peanut butter will stiffen the base of the gum and make it less sticky. Wait a few minutes, then remove the gum. Vegetable oil or olive oil is another option. A solvent will remove it very well, but make sure that it does not contain any chemicals that may be harmful, and be sure to wash the area after the gum has been removed.For gum stuck between your dog’s toes, it is best to just cut it out carefully, and keep the hairs trimmed to avoid potential problems."

There are other websites with information.

For me, provided you take extreme care using them, cutting with scissors would probably be the best approch.

• ?

Gum is notoriously hard to get out of hair. You just have to clip him and let his hair grow back. And next time look after your dog better.

• Goerge

Scissors and you need to be dealt with as well. You were supposed to be the responsible one and you couldn't even keep your dog safe.

The best way to deal with it is to use scissors... Wait for your mom or dad to find out and let the responsible adults trim the gum out with scissors. Any other "fix" such as vegetable oil will cause undue stress. He already got gum in its hair, which can be toxic for dogs. Sugar free gum is the worst.

I googled this (which you could have done) and you have 4 options:

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-gum-o...