My download speed for my wireless computer is 17. Should I get a wireless adapter or a router and wire that computer too?

• Lv 7

if you don't have a wireless adapter or wired connection, then how are you testing download speeds?

also, you need to ask your ISP what speeds you are rated for.if you don't pay for over 50 Mbps, then wireless will do, but i still prefer wired whenever possible for greater stability.

• David

Not enough information to give a proper answer. No details of router, computer operating system or wifi adapters

What is your ISP speed?

A wired ethernet connection is always preferable to a wifi connection

"Should I get a wireless adapter or a router and wire that computer too" doesn't really make sense - if you have wifi already why would you want another router?

If your internet speed from your ISP isn't  the issue then you either

1) have a budget wifi card and/or router

2) you are at the edge of wifi reception (you didn't state what signal strength you are getting)

3) You may be getting wifi interference from neighbouring networks

Update your question with more information otherwise we are just guessing.

• Enigma

a signal booster might help but if that is the internet speed from your isp then a booster won't help