Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 month ago

If I get a new iPad, will it be same i isp ? Is each device the same isp ?

What I’m asking,, I’m using the Apple iPad Pro very great with the home button,  if I get the new Apple iPad Pro with no home button,  will I have the same isp. As my other?  

Cus when you get a new Apple device, you hold it next to the other m and the  information will transfer to the other, so my  questions is.  Will it be the same isp. ? Brand new iPad ?

I would think, each device has its own isp. 

• That is incorrect unless you have multiple ISPs and connect your devices to only one ISP. That would not be very usual (or even feasible) for most home networks.

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. It is the company that provides you with Internet access (hence the name) via cable, DSL, fiber, or satellite depending on the company and/or service. Your ISP has nothing to do with your iPad. If you get a new iPad, you have the same ISP.

You're not confusing it with IP address, are you? Your home network has a DHCP server (or at least most typical home networks do) which will hand out addresses to all of your devices on your network. Each device needs its own unique address so your new iPad will have a different private IP address than the old one. Your public IP address is what the Internet sees and will usually stay the same. All devices on your network 'share' this public IP address because your router does something called "NAT" (Network Address Translation). In simple terms, it allows you to use 1 public IP address with many devices in your home network.

• As long as you keep the same Provider, no matter what you will have the same ISP

Are you smart enough to use an iPad?

• Roddy

IT is not the device itself that is connected to the ISP, but the router. Your devices connect to,the router and only through that to an ISP. At home or your office, you will have a specific and known ISP, but if you connect in a shop, etc you will use a different ISP and probably not know who it is.

• Enigma

yes,it will be the same isp unless you change them to another.

Yes, every device connected to the same Wi-Fi network will use the same Internet Service Provider.