Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Does anyone know any other sites like this?

Not a big fan of the community here and looking to ask questions elsewhere. 

I don't know why you think we're a 'community'. We're just a huge number of disparate people on here for disparate reasons.

• .

Quora appears to be the most popular/common answer to this question for people seeking other Q&A sites. They all operate different and have different rules.

.

Move your question to Computers & Internet>Internet>Other-Internet or Entertainment & Music>Polls & Surveys as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).   You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• Zirp

English-speaking ones?

answerbag, answermug, blurtit, quora

Several people have mentioned Quora, and I agree: Quora >>>>>>Yahoo!Answers

To the person who wants to know why people are spending time on Yahoo!Answers if Quora is so great, I can't speak for anybody else, but I come to Yahoo!Answers specifically to troll, because there is ZERO moderation on this website.  I used to be a big-time user of Yahoo!Answers (hence the Level 7), but I pretty much gave up hope that YA would reform itself when it became apparent that the trolls ran the place.  I left for a long time, and now I only visit when I'm having a stressful day and I need to troll the sh!t out of some dumb@sses.

Why not troll on Quora?  Simple.  While Quora isn't perfect (just ask any Quora user about the Quora Partner Program), it's 1000 times better than Yahoo!Answers at keeping the trolls at bay.  I visit Quora when I want to read thoughtful discourse about a wide range of fascinating topics.  I visit YA when I want to tell Flat Earthers how fµcking stupid they are.

There's really nothing like this. I suppose you could go on reddit but it's not really the same thing.

I spend most of my time on Absolute Write and Critique Circle. 

Look me up - Tyler Marable 

• Daniel

Quora is Similar to YA only there are Less Trolls on there and It Runs a lot Smoother

• There is not a site that can compare to this one.  Believe me, you will never see people like this anywhere else on the internet.

No, there are no other sites like this. 

Everyone here talks about Quora and how great it is.......but oddly, they miss the irony of  posting how great Quora is,   on   Yahoo. 

If Quora was as great as everyone here likes to claim it is........then why are you HERE and not there? 

Having trouble finding the door? 

• Weasel McWeasel

So I've heard.......but  I only have time for one  time wasting site in my life and I know the cast of characters here.  Dont really want to meet a whole new bunch of trolls on another site. 

Quora does something similar, only with real answers and way fewer trolls I believe