promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

if canada is so cold, then why do I see so many pictures of Canadians in shirts?

Update:

if its really that cold, then I would expect them in jackets or layers most of the time. 

Update 2:

more specifically in shirts outdoors 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

There are a few reasons for this. 1. Canada is not always cold. It depends where you are too. If you're in Southern Ontario, the humidity and heat can be like Florida in the summer. I would say that everywhere except for the territories can get hot enough in the summer that it's unbearable to wear anything but a t shirt and shorts. 2. Even when it is chilly, most Canadians are used to it. We have a much higher tolerance for cold weather, and it's not always necessary to wear a jacket.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Chilly - maybe but in a proper Canadian Winter's day - no true Canadian will venture out unless properly dressed.   Frostbite is all too common if you don't.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Because 'pictures/photos' are normally taken when the weather is kind and it's possible to get outdoors - eg IN SUMMER!   True Canadians know not to mess with weather - it's usually only Brits in their first Canadian Winter who seem to think they can wander around in shirts!!   After their first experience of a Canadian Winter, they put a coat on even if only outside for 5 mins.   Or risk frostbite!

• 1 month ago

It's super hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

• 1 month ago

Those pictures were taken in the summer.  Most of Canada has a very warm summer every year, which usually lasts from August 3rd to August 4th.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

LOL     However it's true - you get, if lucky better weather from April to mid-October and then it's back to Winter........................  (S.Ontario).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • In southern parts of Canada it's not cold all the time, those areas do get a few months of summer weather where we can wear t-shirts, shorts, and tank tops. Where I live (southern Ontario, Canada) summer temperatures can range from 20-40 degrees C and it can get very humid. That's about 60-100 degrees F. You wouldn't want to wear a jacket or a heavy sweater in that weather.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Too right - so there's a small window where you don't have to stay indoors because of the COLD, and stay indoors because of the heat/humidity!!

• 1 month ago

It depends on where you are.  Some places in Canada are warm enough for palm trees to grow.  I grew up in the hottest place in Canada, where in the summer, even a shirt was too much!  I live know in a place that is the coldest in the world about a dozen times of the year, but, summers are warm even here.

• 1 month ago

Maybe it isn't that cold.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Oh it's that cold !!      Other than mid summer when in S.Ontario it's TOO HOT/HUMID.

• usually they like to wear parkas

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.