Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

I have 2 cousins who blocked me on Instagram and Facebook. This hurts. How do I get over it?

Their mother who is was an aunt in her marriage to my uncle also blocked me but she is divorced so I understand it might be awkward though she follows my sister.

Only mistake I made was in 2008 I sent more then one friend request when Facebook was new so was maybe invasive. That was twelve years ago though. Also the ex-wife of my uncle dislikes my Mom over typical family spats. They have a brother and he follows me on Facebook and has no problem with me. He is the oldest. The two girls, now in their mid-twenties, block me though. I feel hurt and kind of angry. The former aunt I understand and she has been divorced for almost 10 years but I don't understand the two cousins.

How do I get over this?

🥴 It gets sticky for them.

You are your mothers child. They are their mothers children.

Been through this before. Now I'm the one who is like your cousins. Distant. Where as mine are open.

The thing is, their mother is always interfering in our relationships and breaking us apart. So... sometimes relationships between cousins are best left separated.

Neither of you have to listen to each others parents talk crap about the other.

were you close to the 2 cousins? Some cousins are very close and spent time with each like siblings and would obviously keep in touch as ya'll get older.

If this is not the case, and you three never talk etc... or go to family dinners etc... then I'd say that it's pretty normal for them to want to move on.

Cousins are technically family but most people see their cousins as strangers, really.

If you commented on their facebook stuff often and then they blocked you, perhaps they have an issue with you or they never saw you as close family.

THough your feelings got hurt. I'd just let them be. They clearly made their choice.

sorry about that.

• Orla C

Understand that you made the friendly overtures in good faith, you did your best, and they didn't want to know, and it's their loss.

And now put it out of your mind and move on with your life, hon. Life is too short to waste it wondering about people who don't know you and don't want to know you even though you've tried to get to know them.

Go away with your family soap opera trolling.

Why do you want to contact them if they dont want to contact you? Forget about them.