Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationBoard Games · 3 months ago

Which is best Roleplay games to start with and understanding how to play. If they have one with one player?

There are a lot of Roleplay games. But I don't know which one would be best to start with.

They have D&D, Warhammer Fantasy,  Warhammer 40,000 Heresy, DC Heroes, Pathfinder, and Aliens

Thanks for all the answers for video games RPG suggestions. But I'm actually looking for RPG games from dice and books to play in real life.

I want to learn how to play those games for 1 player and with group players.

role play games are more fun in groups

find a local club and join it

Warhammer fantasy was great until they changed it to Sigmar. Warhammer 40,000 is popular unless you want to play Fantasy Total war which is a PC game which is really popular 

For simplicity, I say final fantasy I. 

If you want it more complicated then there’s the D&D, Baldur’s Gate. With D&D rules, characters can only be certain class. A paladin must be lawful good and I think only humans can choose it. Paladins also don’t get along with chaotic evil so if you have them in a party, don’t be surprised if one of them leaves the party. 

For tactical rpg, final fantasy: war of the lions. It’s got a great tutorial system so you can learn about advantages and disadvantages. 

For action rpg, Diablo 2 or legend of Zelda (not a true rpg in that you don’t level up by killing monsters. You level up by finding heart pieces). 

"Skyrim Legendary". Is the most playable, Many choices to make variable game play [I have over 4,000 hours; PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One Pro S, PS3, primary play on PC]

Controls are intuitive, keyboard & mouse, OR Gamepad.

Missions may end, but the Game play never ends, no end of game credits roll.

There are bugs, but experience can avoid them.

Difficulty can be changed, in the game while playing for those who need it.

Hard saves, and quick saves.

Huge Map, open sandbox style.  I still find new things.

Your best bet would Dungeons and Dragons.  It's been simplified over the years to the point of basically being idiot proof, and has kits to get you started that basically read on a level a child would understand.  Check with a local comic or game store to see if they offer an RPG night, or hit up Craigslist to see if there's any gamer groups in your area recruiting.  These days, I'm sure there's probably groups who play via streaming services as well.