Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Universal credit loan - can you apply for a loan the same day you’ve finished paying back old loan from universal credit ?

Hi I’m currently not working for another 5 months until my daughter turns 2 and starts nursery. I’m on universal credit currently and I’m struggling. I’m a single parent so please don’t judge I’ve worked all my life so don’t assume I’m a sponger lol. Anyway I got a loan out from universal credit last year as my washing machine had broken down and I couldn’t afford to get it repaired the last payment is next week for that loan then it’s paid back. However my fridge/freezer AND my cooker has broken I have great luck 🙄 anyway I was wondering if I got apply for another budgeting loan the same day as I finish paying for the other loan ? Or do I have to wait a while to ask ? As there’s no way I can afford currently to get a new cooker or fridge freezer and i urgently need it as I have an infant I know they will give me the loan as im a single parent with a child but since I’ve just finished paying a loan would they give it to me that day? Thanks 

Sorry it’s a budgeting advance it’s called for uc

• Sal*UK

Try looking on facebook market place - you might be lucky enough to find someone giving away these items.

But the answer to your questions is I think you can only have a loan once a year.

Just apply, they can only say no.

I believe as long as you have a legitimate need and you haven't got an existing budgeting loan they will offer you one unless they have changed the rules.