Are herbal tea as effective as preached ?

Do you drink it? Have you noticed any changes? 

Ginger tea helps with an upset stomach, chamomile is great just before bed for a good sleep. ..

Frankly, they are as effective as you believe them to be.

chamomile is terrific as a digestive aid, natural sedative and can be very calming. Been used for centuries like this.

Look it up.

Mint or ginger is effective for some for digestive issues. I don't care for either one so I cannot attest to that personally.

I love the flavor of some herbal teas, like apple cinnamon, for example.

• denise

Ginger and lemon tea usually settles my stomach.

• k w

sure, chamomile tea will help to relax if drunk an hour before bed.....I love some Earl Grey tea just to sip and enjoy

Effective at what? It tastes good, has no calories, and no bad things in it. That's all.

All teas are herbal in that they are all made from dried plants. What type of teach and who is preaching and what are they preaching?

As others noted, what plants are used will determine what, if any, health impact they have.  As a general rule, there isn't enough of any particular hereto do much more than flavor the water  Yes, there are laxative teas that will promote elimination.  Yes, caffeine in tea will have a stimulant effect. Will having a cup of camomile tea relax you? Maybe a little.

• .

Effective for what? Various herbal teas claim to help or hinder various things. Some brands of herbal teas are better than others. No, I don't drink any herbal teas (I just don't care to drink tea). If you have a specific issue you want help with, and want to know what herb or herbal tea to use, you may consider posting in Health>Alternative Medicine (they may be more helpful).