Is it possible to connect to Lan from wifi to ethernet?

As an example, My sister and I have been trying to play Minecraft pe together through Lan. I use a desktop connect via ethernet and she has been using her husband xboxone via wifi. Now I can join her Minecraft worlds just fine. But when I want her to connect to my worlds on my computer she gets connection timed out. 

This is just one example as it does it with anything. Trying to connect games or just equipment through Lan. So unless I use ethernet for everything or wifi for everything I can't get anything to connect through wifi to my computer. After hours of searching online, I am just tempted to buy a wifi card for my desktop but I feel like I shouldn't have to since it let things try to connect but it fails.     

Thank you for everyone's answers but I found only one thing that might be causing the problem. That is I am using a Spectrum rac2v1k router. When I go to port forward and even fallowing a guide on this exact router. I found out I cant add my public IP address in a selection box. In every tutorial, I have read or seen they added their public IP address. I found similar cases and they just ended up buying their own router so I will probably do the same. Might as well buy good one lol.   

• Lv 7

if you are using a wifi extender, it may be set to give her a different IP Address than the main one, putting her in a different subnet than everyone else. for example, 192.168.1.124 cannot connect with 192.168.2.128, but 192.168.1.45 could connect with the first IP.

also, be sure your MC game is NOT modded, as that can cause issues with consoles, which can only do official mods.

wifi is the poorest choice for any reason. LAN(thats an ethernet cable to a router) is ALWAYS the best choice. Trying to play a game LOCALLY will require the ROUTER to be CONFIGURED properly for PACKET sizes. This may vary per game and per device thats playing it. You need to see a MINECRAFT CROSS PLAY GUIDE. and get the better together patch

WiFi is just a means of connecting.  Because it works one way, it is NOT an issue.  You have a problem with your server being visible to her xbox.

• BigE

I assume you might have multiple routers?  I believe her's is first in line, so that is why connecting to it works.  Yours is protected inbound, you will have to port forward it to connect through the router's firewall.

• P

The wifi itself has nothing to do with the issues, but more so the firewall built into the wifi router.    If you are in the same household you may need to make sure the ethernet is connected to a port in the back of the wifi router.    If you are in different households you would need to configure the firewall in your house to map to the minecraft hosting ports on your PC. 

• Toyotaboy1 month agoReport

I can't find anything on my routers firewall besides to disable it. My house has a splitter box in the basement that connects to each room in the house so I can keep my router in the center of the house and I can plug my desktop into the wall. I going to try disabling my firewall just to see.

A local area network is a local area network, it doesn't matter how you connect to it. This is probably a firewall issue (you're effectively hosting a server on your computer, which is much different from simply connecting to another host).

There are quite a few results on these issues