Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

Do you think fighting a lot can decrease your sexual attraction towards your spouse ?

Me and my husband have been fighting and arguing every since we met ever since day one but because I don't believe in giving up I've been trying my hardest to stay with him. But we have different opinions and different values about everything. One of our differences is that he's a very serious minded person and I'm goofy I have a sense of humor. Since we have been together I've lost my glow my spark I don't smile as much I don't laugh as much. Being around my friends you can see the life in me 

But then when I'm around him I feel dead again and I feel like I can't fully be myself 

I'm so tired of arguining with him every single day . Any time I have an opinion that's different from him it's an argument . And every time we right he threatens to divorce . I feel like I can't have a different opinion and I also can't communicate with problems we have 

My sex drive is extremely low and I'm not sure if it's because of all the fighting and arguing we have or what. He's been my only sexual partner my entire life so I can't say 

He's been angry at me for never wanting sex but how can I crave sex with someone that argues me down every day and is somewhat controlling also. He tells me that I better fix my sex drive or we will divorce but I try so hard to get turned on but the fights affect me I believe 

It's like I have to envision another man in order to get off. I can't get off looking at him and plenty of times I've had to take an orgasm 

Absolutely. It's a common cause of alienation.

that's very possible and it happens more often then what you think. 

Yes but fighting a lot can be the result of sex already being below adequate frequency so which came first, the argument or the lack of sex? Reflect and realize that you withholding sex is CREATING your drama. Give it up Karen

Damned straight. A lot of what happens outside the bedroom can affect what happens, or doesn't happen, within it.

Of course, dumbasss

Hostility definitely leads to a reduction in sex drive.  Love, affection, caring and consideration are great aphrodisiacs.  Particularly for a woman sex can be a gift given to one she cares about.  That is not going to be someone that she is hostile towards.  If he wants sex then both of you need to see how pointless the arguments are.  If they continue the risk is that you will start looking at other men as sexual but not your husband. And we all know where  that leads.

I know factually that's the case. Few people, especially women, are "turned on" by constant arguing. When you don't feel connected to your partner you certainly don't want him inside your body.

No but it can decrease your sex drive and make you not want to have sex with them regardless of how sexually attractive you find them