Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Tooth infection ?

My molar is infected which I guess is called a tooth abscess, my dentist gave me antibiotics for 5 days. It’s been 3 days and the pain is just getting worse. I wake up at 3-4 in the morning from the pain and can’t sleep. 

I’ve been taking Advil and Tylenol non stop for the pain but to no use. 

Is there any way to make the pain less? Until I go to the dentist on Sunday to take out the infected tooth.

• k w

Ice cold water will work, but just for a very short time, I used CLOVE OIL and a qtip

to deaden mine, BUT, use Yelp dot com and zipcode to help find a Biological/Whole body dentist, they are leaps and bounds above and beyond a regular quack dentist, I had both and KNOW the difference...get a consultation with one...they're like detectives, like real doctors should be, you'll love them.....I'll never go back to dial up dentistry, not knowing what I know......

You can rinse your mouth w a mix of warm water w salt .

A root canal for final relief.

Try "Mydol" for the pain in the meantime.

• k w

I know you never knew, but root-canals are unhealthy, a dead tooth flakes off dead cells into your bloodstream, not healthy, I never knew either, and once I found out, I had a Biological dentist remove them, and haven't been to a quack dentist either......

Gargle with warm salty water.

I'm currently recovering from a tooth infection and root canal so I know the pain you feel well. An ice pack on my cheek helped me a lot. I'd also suggest you call the dentist and see if he/she will give you something stronger. I had no luck there sadly. I just had to suffer which was HORRIBLE! You could maybe try Aleve for pain which is 12hrs but you need to wait till the Tylenol is out of your system. I seemed to have luck switching up the pills. I'm still having discomfort from the root canal and see the dentist tomorrow for cleaning. I'm already stressing as I fear the pain the cleaning will cause and hope they can leave my tooth alone.