I ran over a curb, and did a little damage to my car. I have full coverage insurance. Will they cover that? Thanks in advance.?

Your insurance will probably cover it

• Edna

Even with full coverage, your insurance company probably won't cover this sort of damage. You caused the damage yourself, when you ran over the curb.

You can report it to your insurance company, on the off-chance that it MIGHT be covered under Comprehensive. If it is; well and good, but it probably won't be. 

• Bort

Auto insurance doesn't cover mechanical damage and won't pay for a new tire or rim that's scuffed or bent they will only cover damage to the body of the car. Go to a body shop and get the damage evaluated and get a quote to have it repaired. "Little damage" isn't always worth filing an accident claim with your insurance. If the cost of the repairs is similar or lower than your deductible don't file the claim with your insurance. Just pay for the repair out of pocket. No sense filing a claim and risking your premiums going up and paying a deductible that's more than or close to the cost of the repairs them self.

For example my bumber cover got scuffed. The estimate I got from the body shop was around $650.00 and my deductible is $500. If I would have filed a claim with my insurance to have them pay for the repairs it would be an accident on my record with them they might possibly use to increase my premiums, I would pay the $500 deductible out of my pocket and they would only pay the shop $150.

That's the kind of thing that's not worth flining an insurance claim. I just paid the $650 out of pocket. 

If the damage is less than your deductible, no.

If the damage is more than your deductible, then it covers the difference between the damage and your deductible.

• May

Yes,  If it a valid claim, they should cover it.  You would have to use your collision coverage, subject to your deductible.  If your deductible is more than the cost of repairs, you couldn't (obviously) use your (collision) insurance.

• g

Do you have collision coverage on your vehicle, Anthony?  If so, what is your collision deductible?

And are you willing to file an "at-fault" claim?

If yes to the above you can indeed get your insurer to repair the damage, less your deductible of course.

Tracking?  

• May

As long as the other car did not deliberately come after you to cause the crash *AND* your car and his did not touch (crash) even though he caused you to run into something you will be held liable. 

reading your replies to other answers it seem  you know little about how it works ..when you bought your policy it came with something called deductibles ..lets say £300 ..on fully comp policy you are covered against any risk ..but if you have an accident and lets say the repair cost £1.000 ..you pay the first £300 ..the insurance  pays £700 ....but if you make a claim dont expect your renewal cost to remain the same ..it will go up 

They will less your deductible.

• Brian

Ever heard of a "deductible"?

• Edna

Even if you have full coverage, any damage to your car that YOU cause (in this case, running over a curb) probably won't be covered by your insurance. Insurance won't pay to repair a rim, replace your tire, etc. Those costs are on you - you yourself, by your own action, caused the damage. 

• Jay P

All you're going to receive on Yahoo are speculative answers.  If you ask your insurance company, you will receive their actual answer.

• Edna

You don't need any sort of advice before you call your insurance company. Call your company, tell them what happened, and they will give you an answer right then as to whether or not you're covered. If you are, they'll pay to repair the damage, less your deductible.