Me asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 months ago

GOOD excuse to leave early from work!?

I recently asked this question but only got trolled. I'm ill and last week I went to the hospital two times and called in. I'm sick again(even though im feeling sick and i know im supposed to be resting but I really need the money(to pay hospital bills, and treatment) i dont want to say I'm feeling sick because they might fire me for always being sick. what's a good excuse to leave at least an hour early from work? 

Apparently people need to hear the whole story to help. I'm battling anorexia and bulimia but its hard. I went to the hospital last week due to malnutrition and got a feeding tube. I don't want people at work to know I'm anorexic (tbh I'm very ashamed) so I only use it at night. During the day I TRY to take ensures. Today I'm feeling very fatigued and keep blacking out but don't want to say I'm sick again. Once more I really need the job and can't afford to get fired right now. Thanks again 

So I took y'all advice and told my boss and manager everything. Lucky I'm not getting fired but they are making me part time instead of full time. Thanks everybody for the advice!

TELL THE TRUTH. If you need an excuse/lie you are hiding something. You are not a child who have been naughty, you are an adult. Stop lying.

• Me3 months agoReport

Sadly I've been fired before for taking off for being sick and it was the truth(I got fired while I had a doctor's note, I really cannot afford to lose my job again)

If your employer has a brain...they will see through a false excuse.  

Either explain whats going on to your manager (you dont have to...) or you will be losing this job.  

Are you in therapy?  If not, you will keep losing job after job.  

You are also wasting a TON of money by having to go to the hospital twice in one week.  

• Me3 months agoReport

Thanks you for an honest answer, I really appreciate your help!

• Judy

Your update does explain things better.  But you shouldn't be ashamed.  It's an illness, and it sounds like you're doing the right things to fight it.  I would hope your boss would be understanding.  good luck.

• Me3 months agoReport

Thank you for your kid words, god bless you❤

What's wrong for telling them you have Ebola?

• Me3 months agoReport

Sadly I can't say I'm sick, I've been fired before when I was actually in the hospital once lmao I can't let that happen again. Thanks tho

• Tavy

What sort of sick, flu , stomach problems, why the hospital and not your Doctor?

Only half a story here.

• Me3 months agoReport

Sorry for not being more detailed, do you have any good excuses ?