How to remove the smell of cigarette smoke?

I want to move in with my parents but they smoke and I can never get the smell out of my things. Help please.

Lots of luck. My bro in law found himself assigned to a cruise ship cabin that reeked of cigarette smoke. So he demanded to be either reassigned or they get rid of the stench. All the other cabins were assigned.

So the ship's staff brought an ozone generator to work in his cabin. This is a high priced machine that generates O3 which is a known deodorizer. After literally hours at work, that cabin still had a faint smell of the smoke. But at least it was tolerable.

I have two points: don't expect to rid all the smell except over a long period AND use an oxygen based deodorant to do the job. But watch out, oxygen also acts as a bleach. So whatever you use don't bleach out the color of materials in your room.

• EmmaLouise1 month agoReport

Thanks, just looking for a way around it, I can stay for a night and my stuff smells and I can’t get rid of it for weeks! Thanks for the advice 

Unfortunately, when you live with smokers, the smoke smell lingers everyplace there is air.  It is hard to get away from it unless you seal your bedroom door and keep it closed and the air circulating.  Keep your jackets and your clothing out of shared closets.  When you do your laundry, take it from the dryer to your room immediately.

I once had a wood stove that had this thing on the top of the chimney that got stuck facing the wind.  It caused smoke to fill my house and the place reeked like burning wood, much like what you and your clothes smell like after a night surrounding a fire pit or a camp fire. 

I called the Fire Department to ask what they recommend to eliminate the smoke smell.  Within twenty minutes, the Fire Department came to my house and sprayed it with a product called OZIUM.  They sprayed and we had to leave the house for a couple of hours.  When we returned, the faint smell of OZIUM disappeared by the next day and the smoke smell vanished all together.

Years later, I bought a car from a heavy smoker.  Had it not been for my knowledge of OZIUM, I would not have bought that car.  I sprayed OZIUM in the stenchy car, twice over a period of two days, and presto...NO smoke smell.  Yay.

I am a big fan of OZIUM.  You can buy it at an automotive parts store for about $7.00.  I love this product.  (no, I do not own stock in the company, just a big fan of this product). 

Try washing the clothes with cut onions and white vinegar.

If they're still actively smoking you're out of luck.

• IOM

There's no way.