Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is this relationship normal or should I breakup and move on?

I'm not that in love with my boyfriend. We respect each other but we don't love each other. It's a little complicated. I moved in with him several months ago. I do the cooking and cleaning in the house. He's a very lazy man who doesn't do much.

Sometimes I just want to be so far away from him. I always need breaks away from him. We don't make love for weeks at a time. I always go on vacations every 3 weeks to get away from him. I give myself a break so I can miss him. I go on my vacation alone and loneliness tears me apart for 2 weeks and when I come back, we start making love and enjoying each other. But after 4 days, the love is gone again and I want to take another vacation away from him.

Is this a normal feeling? or should I just end it?

We both work, but I work longer hours than him. I come home to a big dirty mess me makes all the time. He never bothers to clean anything. He sits there and plays video games the rest of the day. 

its not a normal relationship you to arent compatible there should be more a connection, and sparks like your heart starts racing just looking at him across the room where you think about him all day and cant wait for end of the day to see him theres just no connection there id say keep him as a friend but its not fair to you to not feel those feelings i described, when you find that person you will understand what i mean and you will be glad you didnt just settle without experiencing true love hope this helps

Seems like you two need to rekindle your sparks try going out together and try talking to one another about your problems if you tried to rekindle things and tried to talk to him about your problems and feelings and you still feel the same way then you should take time out for yourself and decide what you want for yourself and move on 

You are in a problematic friendship , look at your needs for dependence, insecurity, fears of moving on, etc. That's what you need to do. While you might enjoy the relationship better, if you remained friends in separate living situations, your present arrangement will prevent you from making a meaningful connection with someone else.

It's a shame.  You should end that mess.  And next time you're in a relationship don't have sex before marriage.

There's no reason for you to be lonely, all you have to do is give me a buzz and you'll be lonely no more.

No self respecting person would stay with "a very lazy man who doesn't do much". One wonders how you two pay your bills.

• Ana

You say he’s lazy but yet he’s the one who owns the house, pays for the house, and keeps you from being homeless.

Also everyone knows you’re having sex with other guys on your “vacations”. That’s why you sex him up when you get back. You evolutionarily want to make him think it’s his baby if a vacation-guy got you pregnant.

Hmmm... you suck 😕

• bond

This is not normal, but every couple is different.