promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I have healthy self esteem, my family members have low self esteem and I hate them, is that normal?

Update:

King Ra , not true. It's because of their previous life experiences

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yeah. A lot of people despise people who are weak in areas they are strong. This counts both for people who are naturally strong in an area (like you may have always had good self esteem) and also for people who had to work for it (like you had to build from a low to a good self esteem). They are family, though, so just know this is one of those annoying things you have to deal with about them. That’s all.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

If you had a healthy self esteem then you would not hate or despise anyone beneath you. You are confusing being arrogant and bold with a good healthy self esteem.

• 1 month ago

No it is not normal.

That's your family.

• Anon
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

They have low self esteem because they know you hate them and it makes them unhappy

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Hi! I commend you for having a healthy and hight self esteem. But i feel sad for yor family members. I strongly suggest you talk to them on a regular basis.

Engage them in activity everyday. Ask them how they feel. Don't hate them because this time they really need your support. Be sensitive. Lift their mood up. Commend them whenever they did a good job..hope.it helps 😊

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.