promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 month ago

What would it be like to be in a severe storm like this?

Temperatures are -5°F, constant thunder and lightning, golf ball size hail, extremely heavy snow, minimum winds are 80mph, 300mph winds in a snow-wrapped EF5 wedge tornado, total snow accumulation of 3 feet deep, and the storm lasts for 30 minutes.

Before the storm: no snow on the ground at all.

After the storm: minimum snow accumulation of 36 inches, drifting to 10 feet deep.

Could a storm of this magnitude still be classified as a blizzard, even though it's an isolated severe thunderstorm (in warm weather would have been torrential rain, flash flooding, large violent tornado, very large hail, and lots of thunder and lightning)?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

1. It's called a snow squall, and they do alert for it now.

2. Tornadoes don't form under those conditions.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

wrong forum.  belongs in entertainment & music > jokes & riddles

• This question is not in the wrong category. I didn't ask a joke question. I specifically asked a question about weather. If I was asking a joke question, I would put it in the jokes and riddles category. Except it belongs in this category, not jokes and riddles.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Impossible . The conditions you mention are impossible 

You can not get all those conditions all in 30 minutes 

• Atarah Derek
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Actually, 30 minutes is quite a long time for a storm to maintain intense conditions in one place. Not all of THOSE conditions simultaneously, of course, since you can't have a tornado when the temps near the ground are below 50.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.